CALLING ALL CHILDREN, DADS & PARTNERS…DON’T FORGET, MOTHER’S DAY IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!
WHY NOT SPOIL THEM WITH BREAKFAST IN BED, BAKE THEM A SPECIAL TREAT, OR COOK THEM A THREE COURSE MEAL 😉
Alongside the launch of our brand NEW Frugi Bloom collection, a gorgeous range of organic maternity clothes, we’ve whipped up some free downloadable Frugi recipe cards for you and your little ones to fill out with your favourite recipes!
With plenty of space to write down all the ingredients, prep time and instructions for your special dish; these recipe cards include a fab section for you and your little chef to pop a photo or draw a picture of the finished result.
Click on the image below to download and print out the recipe cards… Ready? Steady? Cook…
And, for the cherry on the top of the cake, our brand NEW Twinning Apron Bundle is perfect for keeping
you and your little one clean(ish) in the kitchen. Here’s our Marketing Manager Liz and her beautiful kids,
looking fab in their Frugi aprons! 🙂
We’d love to share a couple of our favourite breakfast in bed recipes for you to try… the perfect way to start your Mother’s Day!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 5 cherry tomatoes (on the vine)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- ½ an avocado
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A pinch of chilli flakes (if using)
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Pop the cherry tomatoes, still on the vine, onto a baking tray and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of oil over them and season.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, smash the avocado with the lemon juice (and the chilli flakes if you are using) and season.
- Cut out a heart shape from the middle of the bread using a heart cookie cutter.
- Melt the butter and remaining oil in a frying pan over a low/medium heat.
- Pop the bread and cut out a heart into the pan, fry for 1 minute or until golden.
- Turn both pieces over and crack an egg into the heart shaped hole.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes or until the egg is cooked but the yolk is still soft.
- Pop onto a plate with the tomatoes and the avocado.
- Finish with the heart on top!
Yoghurt & Fruity Pots
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 150g of raspberries (washed)
- 150g of strawberries (washed), set aside 4 whole ones for decoration
- 150g of blackberries (washed)
- 100g of Organic oats
- 400ml of low-fat natural organic yogurt
- Mash each fruit separately in different bowls with a fork or potato masher to make a purée.
- Pop 2 tablespoons of crushed raspberries in the base of your 4 chosen serving cups or pots – try not to spill any fruit down the sides!
- Pop 2 tablespoons of yogurt on top of the raspberries and spread out so that it covers all the fruit.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoons of oats over the yogurt.
- Pop 2 tablespoons of puréed strawberries over the oats.
- Add another layer of yogurt and oats.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of crushed blackberries over the oats and then top with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt.
- Decorate each finished pot with a strawberry on top.
- Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve!
WE’D LOVE TO SEE YOUR RECIPE CARDS ALL FILLED OUT NEXT TO THEIR FINISHED DISHES; SO PLEASE SHARE THEM WITH US ON SOCIAL USING #FRUGICREATE