Grab your binoculars, set up camp with your little ones by the garden window and get ready to tick off any feathered friends that you spot with our FRUGI BIRDERS downloadable sheet!
Here at Frugi we are inspired by our colourful and chirpy feathered friends so much that they’re often seen flapping around on our Baby & Toddler and Kids organic cotton clothing, sometimes they’re even perched on our Maternity range too!
Click on the image above to download and print out your very own checklist of the top ten UK garden birds, how many will you see?
For extra bird watching power, why not make some fun binoculars for your little one’s to use – they are super easy to make too!
• 2 x Identical Cardboard Tubes (toilet rolls work well)
• Wrapping Paper or Scrapbook Paper
• Glue or Double Sided Tape
• Hole Punch
• Ribbon, String or Wool
• Wrap the cardboard tubes with the paper using glue or double sided tape to hold in place
• Either trim the edges using scissors or fold into the tube and stick down
• Glue or use double sided tape to stick the tubes together
• Using the hole punch, pop a hole on the outside top of each tube
• Thread your ribbon, string or wool through each hole and tie a knot in the ends to keep them in place
We’d love to know how you get on and how many birds you spot, so please share with us on social with #FrugiCreate and #FrugiBirders or over on our Frugi Family Facebook page!
If you enjoy spotting birds with your little ones as much as we do, then did you know that the RSPB are running their Big Garden Birdwatch between the 26th and 28th January 2019. This is to help them keep up to date with how our UK garden birds are doing, so get involved by visiting their website and find out more about what you can do!