We're pulling out the arts & crafts boxes and throwing on our Frugi aprons for these fun Easter activities!
With the Bank Holiday fast approaching you might be looking for some egg-stra fun indoor games & activities to keep the little ones entertained... worry not! We've got something to amuse every-bunny! We know this will be an Easter like no other but join us as we keep the little ones smiling whilst celebrating at home.
Whether you're crafty, love to bake, or you're in need of half an hour to sit down with a cuppa (and some chocolate, we hope!) while your little ones get creative, find our egg-cellent indoor ideas below! There’s even a chance to win some fab Frugi prizes!
Why not make your own board game? Fun for the whole family that can be
played again and again. Design your own theme or download our Easter Board Game template here and follow the steps to create and play!
Don't forget to share your games with us on Facebook or Instagram by tagging @welovefrugi, or join our Frugi Fun challenge and earn yourself some points!
Easter = Egg Hunts!
We all know it's not Easter without an Egg Hunt! Download our Egg-citing Easter Egg Hunt sheet here.
Simply print off and cut out the colourful eggs, then hide them around the house and garden (weather dependent, fingers crossed for sunshine!)
Then it’s time to let the little ones loose to gather them up! There’s even a handy tick sheet to help ensure no egg is left behind. Maybe sweeten the deal with some treats as rewards for finding them all!
Check out our Frugi Fun challenge to earn yourself some points!
After all the searching high and low, your little ones might have worked up an appetite! Whether you’re digging out the chocolate bar you were saving for a rainy day or melting down an egg-stra Easter egg, it would be rude not to make some scrummy Easter egg nests! You can find our easy recipe here
Using plain cereal, some chocolate and a bag or two of mini eggs, you can whip up a tasty treat in no time! Tweet tweet! Emily from our social team had great fun making the nests with her children.
Let’s Get Crackin’!
Why not have a cracking start to the day? Follow these simple steps to make some decorative boiled eggs:
1. Boil your eggs (the paler the eggs the better!) for around 8-10 minutes
2. Let them cool & dry before letting little ones get creative
3. Draw all over them in crayons (white crayon looks rather lovely!)
4. Once your little Picasso is happy it’s time to choose the food colouring!
5. Make up a bowl of warm water, 1 tbsp white vinegar and food colouring & give it a good mix!
6. Drop your crayon coloured eggs into the bowl (very carefully!)
7. And wait…for about 5 minutes
Don’t forget to share your creations with us or upload them to Frugi Fun to earn points!
Put on your baking apron and join us in the kitchen to whip up some scrummy Easter Biscuits!
We followed the recipe below:
Ready in 20 minutes
Makes 30 biscuits
The ingredients you'll need:
200g unsalted soft butter
200g caster sugar
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
400g plain flour, plus a little extra for dusting
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until you have a creamy mixture. (Don’t overwork, as the biscuits will spread during baking)
2. Beat in the egg until well combined, add the flour and mix together into a dough.
3. Gather the dough into a ball, cover in a bowl and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 170, gas 5. Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead briefly, then roll out until approx. 3mm thick.
5. Use your favourite Easter cookie cutters to cut out your shapes, and place them on the baking tray. (We used chick and bunny shaped cutters for ours!)
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes, depending on the size of your biscuits, until golden brown at the edges.
7. Once the biscuits have cooled they're ready to decorate as you wish! Add icing or melted chocolate, maybe even some magic sprinkles!
8. Enjoy! (But not too many, we don't want you to spoil your dinner!)
Lily & George did an egg-cellent job making and decorating their biscuits with their mum Lisa!
Egg-stra Special Easter Decorations!
Are you ready for some cutting and sticking? Make your own Easter Egg Wreath using our handy downloadable sheets to display on your front door this Easter!
We've added a Frugi spin to a fab crafting idea from the lovely @theresourcefulmama, so whether you use our template or create your own, we'd love to see your masterpieces!
All you need is:
Frugi patterned or plain coloured paper,
Oval cardboard template,
Pair of scissors
Ready, set... Get crafting!
Don't forget to share them on our Frugi Family Facebook page or upload them to Frugi Fun to earn yourself some points!
@twins.and.travels did an amazing job with theirs!
We hope you enjoy the Easter activities as much as we did, don't forget to share your crafting creations and delicious bakes with us on our Frugi Family Facebook page or tag us (@welovefrugi) in your Instagram posts! You can also join Frugi Fun for lots of challenges to keep you entertained and earn yourself some perks and prizes!